Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What a day....

Dear Journal,

So I've been helping MooMoo out at the bakery these past couple of weeks... Since the cricket is now over, and I am still unemployed, I sort of needed a reason to get out of bed and change out of my jammies. So I started off by helping out with the lunch shift at the Lily Petal Cafe last week. This was fun. Mostly because Thushninbootha works in the building across the road so she comes over on her lunch break and we sit and have a good old gozz over pastries and Milo!

Today, I started my day at 6.30 am by going to help out with the breakfast shift at Lily Petal, after which I went to the bakery to do the mock ups for my Mothers Day Collection (watch this space). Then spent the afternoon doing the accounts with MooMoo. Accounts is most certainly not my thing. On top of this I seem to have come down with the flue, or flue like symptoms.

Then Thushninbootha came over in the evening. She is the Creative Director for The Sugar Shack. She has finally got her fancy new camera. As my Photographer/Tech Director TK has gone back to Ausie, Thushninbootha brought her new camera over to photograph the new collection.

It was only at 8.30 pm, 14 hours after I started my day that I was able to get down to baking. I had to make 20 Cupcakes and a double batch of Brownies. The Brownies were for my nephew's 2nd Birthday Party tomorrow.
Now, I was tired. I was ill. And I was clearly not thinking straight. So I ended up used double the quantity of chocolate and single measures of all the other ingredients to make the brownies. I had mixed everything and started putting it in the baking tray when I realised that it seemed much smaller than the usual quantity.

Panic stricken I ran to MooMoo and dragged her to the kitchen, mid-shower! So we decided to try mixing the rest of the ingredients to the existing mixture and seeing if it worked. The brownies are out of the oven now. Seems to be fine. Fingers crossed it will taste the same. We shall find out tomorrow.

That was my day. Thushninbootha is editing the pictures as we speak. I will upload them tomorrow.

Good night,

Arubuster.

No comments:

Post a Comment