Saturday, May 21, 2011

Maru Partya

Dear Journal,

I know this has nothing to do with baking as such but..... Last weekend a bunch of us went away on a beach side holiday. Must say, by far, the funnest holiday I have been on. There were 15 of us in a Villa with a private pool and a more of less secluded beach! Got there by mid day on Friday (cos I am still unemployed) lounged around by the pool sipping cocktails and watched a beautiful sunset. Most of the others arrived later... Had a small pool party and then at about 3 am we pulled all the deck chairs out to the beach to watch the stars cos it was a clear night!

There was a meteor shower that night and we saw13 shooting stars! (Well, I only saw only like 2 of them cos I was too slow to notice).

Also, I fell! I got through the last 6 months without falling. Was so proud of myself. For crying out loud, I got through 2 months of the cricket with out falling flat on my face... But ummm... I slipped on a wet tile near the pool and fell splat on my bum. Everyone saw. Everyone laughed. Sigh.

Right, so, lemme just add here so that there is no dispute in the future (cos I know there will be).... MARU PARTYA is my phrase. I coined it. I will only reveal the back story on my deathbed because I am utterly ashamed of how the phrase came about (I will get struck down by lightning, let me tell you that much!). But ya, MARU PARTYA is my phrase and now everyone is using it! Fun.

Arubuster.

No comments:

Post a Comment