Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Baking with Swarnie and Thushninbootha!

Dear Journal,

Mothers day orders weren't too bad actually. We reached about 50% of the Vday orders but that was expected. The surprising thing was that there were quite a number of orders from folks I didn't know who had just seen it on FB! Thank heavens for FB! The other noticeable trend at Mothers day was that it was mainly girls who ordered for their mums! LOL!

Since I nearly had a stroke at Valentines trying to stay on top of the orders and cos both MooMoo and TK (my usual helpers) weren't in the country this week, I roped Thushninbootha and Swarnie to come help me with the orders. The plan was that the two of them would come over on Friday evening  and we would make all the decorations and on Saturday I would bake and we can decorate all the cupcakes together... Good plan right?

Except, on Friday we ended up going to Odel for hours and then came home changed and went out dancing. Dad had been mad at me for some reason all day and since MooMoo had run of on one of her fun adventures abroad there was no one to keep the peace at home. He was a bit bugged that I've been out-out a lot lately (which I have to be fair, but then again, your only young once!)

So anyway, he was mad at me, so I kinda told him we were just going for dinner only. So when we were leaving home, he started asking all these questions as to where we were going and what time we will be back.. To which I replied 'dinner'... and ran out of the house! RAN! Like I was a teenager again, afraid of her parents! I ran out of the house with my friends before dad was able to ask any questions! LOL! (The funniest part of this was that I didn't even do that when I was an actual teenager!)

So ya, in short, we didn't actually do any work on the Friday, we danced the night away instead! So Saturday morning, we set out on to make the cupcakes, with just 3 hours of sleep and aching feet! From 10.30 am till 4pm we sat there and baked, iced, cut flowers to M's to butterflies! T'was such a fun day!

And can I just add, Swarnie is far more creative than I am! Too bad she lives in Ausie, cos otherwise I could have tapped her creativity on a more regular basis. And maybe even made her the frosting/decoration director for The Sugar Shack!






Arubuster.

No comments:

Post a Comment